Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Visiting Ed Lang

On the way back from Blacksburg on Monday I stopped by Ed Lang's shop in Charlottesville for an hour or so, and while I was there I took a couple of pictures. I had met Ed at the Marietta, GA ShopBot Camp...he's the guy that drove from Charlottesville while I took the train...and he had been at the Jamboree the weekend before.

Ed's got a great shop with a PRTalpha and enough stationary power tools to do just about any kind of job, including the biggest woodturning lathe I've ever been around.


An overview of Ed's shop..it's very well laid out



His Oneway lathe..it's a hoss that will turn a 2' dia. blank over the ways and a 4' blank outboard!



PRTalpha with overhead dust collection hookup to keep the hoses off the floor



A vac jig made from Corian that's adjustable by moving the gasket strips around to different slots.



One of his masks...this one for a cutting board...that he uses with the vac jig

No comments: