Monday, October 16, 2006

A new toy

I've been thinking about getting an RV for a couple of years now. I spend a lot of time traveling back and forth to Durham and have gotten pretty tired of staying in motels...it would be nice to have a place where I could have some of my own stuff and not have to eat restauarant food for every meal. For the last couple of months have been actively looking for one that fit a couple of specific criteria and I hadn't had much luck finding what I was looking for until I stopped by my friend Roy's house.

Turns out he had just the size and style RV that I was looking for and had been thinking about selling...a 1978 Midas that was old enough that it didn't cost a lot but ready to roll with just a little bit of work. It had 10,000 miles on a new motor and new tires all around...how could I resist. After a very little bit of mulling we had a deal and now it's parked in my back yard while I do a few odd jobs. I haven't had much time to work on it yet but once I get it ready to roll I'm planning on driving it back and forth to Durham, and hopefully take a few trips with Lynn and the dog. I might end up leaving it in Durham at some point but haven't decided about that yet. Might even build a ShopBot on a trailer and do some "mobile" boat part cutting...that always seemed like a neat idea.

No comments: