I wasn't quite sure what to make until I went to Northampton Lumber Co. to pick up some foam insulation and they had gotten a shipment of green foam insulation instead of their usual blue Dow panels. It was sign...Christmas trees were the logical choice. A quick Cad drawing of one side of a tree, a little mirroring and resizing to fit in 24"x32" panels, and I was ready to cut.
The parts layout. I could cut 2 sets of speakers from a full sheet of foam, but unfortunately I couldn't find anyone else that wanted a pair! My wife's reaction was "You're not bringing any of THOSE THINGS in the house!"
Once the pieces were cut out the half pieces were stuck to the full panels with a hot glue gun (note: hot glue gun glue is hot enough to melt foam!) so that they could stand up on their own, and then colored pompom balls from a craft store were hot glued on to make them even MORE festive. There wasn't enough table space to put the speakers on so we hammered in some finish nails and impaled the speakers on them. They turned out just right...sounded good and had the "cheesy" look that I was shooting for!
One of the "tree-kers" hanging from the lumber rack
The back of the same speaker
The other speaker stuck on a cabinet door




No comments:
Post a Comment