Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Coverville

Covers...bands doing their own versions of other band's songs...have always been a favorite of mine and while rooting around on the web I've stumbled on Coverville. Coverville is a podcast that comes out every couple of days with 4 or 5 songs and a little commentary on each song, similar to a radio show. The guy that does it, Brian, plays a pretty wide range of bands and styles of music...sometimes with a theme and sometimes just random tunes...and it's really pretty good. There's a link to download each show on the site or you can use a program like ipodder to subscribe to the feed and download the shows automatically whenever a new one comes out. Don't be confused by ipodder's name. You don't need to own an IPod to use it or to listen to podcasts in general...I use it with Windows Media player to get the shows on the new Rio Carbon mp3 player that I got for Christmas.

No comments: